WEP and DHCP

Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx_(_at_)_webweaving_(_dot_)_org> writes:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Randy Bush wrote:
>
>> interface "wi0" {
>>     send dhcp-client-identifier "foo.bar.baz";
>>     media "nwid 'my-home'  nwkey myWEPkeysilly";   # home
>>     media "nwid 'tmobile' -nwkey";                 # staryuchhs
>>     media "nwid 'nanog42' -nwkey";                 # nanog
>>     media "nwid ''        -nwkey";                 # open
>>     }
>>
>> so it cycles through them trying each in turn.
> ..
>> otoh, if you meant acquiring the wep key via dhcp, how did you
>
> actually -is- there a clever way to not let the keys cycle and be flashed
> each in turn as above; but to pick the right one absed on some dhcp value
> (say network name, etc) ?

You can choose on the MAC address of the AP. In fact I am in possession of
a script to do exactly that (can also decide based on SSID). I don't
believe I'm supposed to distribute it further, but email me privately if
you want it and I'll see if the author is ok with that.

--

  Dan Pelleg

Visit your host, monkey.org