Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx_(_at_)_webweaving_(_dot_)_org> writes:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Randy Bush wrote:
>> interface "wi0" {
>>     send dhcp-client-identifier "foo.bar.baz";
>>     media "nwid 'my-home'  nwkey myWEPkeysilly";   # home
>>     media "nwid 'tmobile' -nwkey";                 # staryuchhs
>>     media "nwid 'nanog42' -nwkey";                 # nanog
>>     media "nwid ''        -nwkey";                 # open
>>     }
>> so it cycles through them trying each in turn.
> ..
>> otoh, if you meant acquiring the wep key via dhcp, how did you
> actually -is- there a clever way to not let the keys cycle and be flashed
> each in turn as above; but to pick the right one absed on some dhcp value
> (say network name, etc) ?

You can choose on the MAC address of the AP. In fact I am in possession of
a script to do exactly that (can also decide based on SSID). I don't
believe I'm supposed to distribute it further, but email me privately if
you want it and I'll see if the author is ok with that.

  Dan Pelleg

Visit your host, monkey.org