Inspiron 8000 pcmcia problem??

I've been holding off moving up to 5.2-x until RELEASE comes out
so it is possible there is some strangeness going on in the codebase
right now.

Would you be willing to move back to 4.9-RELEASE to see if you
can get things to work there?  I would suggest putting only the
pccard_enable and pccard_mem lines into rc.conf and doing the
dhclient call manually until we can figure out what is going on.

As far as I know the hardware is standardized for pcmcia on
I8k machines.  I believe the I8100 has the same hardware for that
as well.

If it comes down to it I can start sending you config files (starting
with the kernel configuration file).  By the way, (just double checking
here) -- your loader.conf file *does* contain userconfig_script_load="YES"
right?

I've had good success with my laptop (I even upgraded the video
in it to get better 3D performance) and I'd like to do what I can to
help you get the same satisfaction from yours.

                                                                   Sean