First Time Laptop Install

>> 1: The best way to install X, from ports or pkg
>
>I prefer to install from ports, because then I can upgrade my ports with
>cvsup and portupgrade. The downside is that it takes some time, and this
>is more noticeable if you run on a slow system.

One can force portupgrade to use packages to upgrade. Installing from
packages will not disable you from using portupgrade to upgrade your port
from packages or ports

> 2: Views on desktop mangers.

I like Blackbox. My 2 cents. Try a few :)

> 3. Any one run a Dell CPi, with any do and don'ts

Dell systems have given me no problems when running FreeBSD. I don't know
if ACPI works, but I'd suggest you run without it.

--Devon

http://mail2web.com/ .

Visit your host, monkey.org