[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
prism 2.5 timeout in wi_cmd 0x010b
- Subject: prism 2.5 timeout in wi_cmd 0x010b
- From: oberman at es.net (Kevin Oberman)
- Date: Sun Jan 11 16:03:31 2004
> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:15:53 -0800
> From: Lorenzo Vicisano <lorenzo_(_at_)_vicisano_(_dot_)_net>
> same result: the patch doesn't fix the problem.
> However after upgrding the Prism firmware (1.1.0 -> 1.1.1)
> the lock up stopped.
> Still I cannot get more that 2.5Mb/s Tx from the Prism (as a client)
> to another client (Aironet). A little better (3 / 3.5) from the Prism
> to the AP (DI 614+).
> "wi" is reporting a lot of TX collision, but "an" isn't when I change
> the direction of the traffic. In this case I get better rate.. but
> still not optimal as "wi" get conficts on the ACKs.
> Another anomaly shows up when running dhclient: often the system
> freezes/slows down for a few fractions of a second (BTW: I've noticed
> this with the Aironet driver as well). Also acquiring a lease
> has become more unreliable..
Odd. I have 1.1.0/1.4.9 firmware on my card and it works like a champ
with Marko's patch. I was not aware that newer firmware was
available. Guess I need to go look for the new firmware.
I saw much better performance than this on my system. I moved over 850
MB of data at an average of 531 MB/sec and a peak of 622 MB/sec. That
translates to a peak over 5 Mb/s and an average of over 4.3 Mb/s. This
was with scp. With ttcp I see transmit speed of 4.1 Mb/s but a receive
speed of only 1.3 Mb/s. This is to an AP.
The problems seemed to start for me after the upgrade to 1.4.9 so maybe
the latest will get things back to normal. I don't often use dhclient,
but I have seen no problems when I do. (I use Lars Eggert's location.sh
to set up my network for my "normal" wireless access.)
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
Ernest O. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab)
E-mail: oberman_(_at_)_es_(_dot_)_net Phone: +1 510 486-8634