prism 2.5 timeout in wi_cmd 0x010b

> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:15:53 -0800
> From: Lorenzo Vicisano <lorenzo_(_at_)_vicisano_(_dot_)_net>
> same result: the patch doesn't fix the problem.
> However after upgrding the Prism firmware (1.1.0 -> 1.1.1)
> the lock up stopped.
> Still I cannot get more that 2.5Mb/s Tx from the Prism (as a client)
> to another client (Aironet). A little better (3 / 3.5) from the Prism
> to the AP (DI 614+).
> "wi" is reporting a lot of TX collision, but "an" isn't when I change
> the direction of the traffic. In this case I get better rate.. but
> still not optimal as "wi" get conficts on the ACKs.
> Another anomaly shows up when running dhclient: often the system
> freezes/slows down for a few fractions of a second (BTW: I've noticed
> this with the Aironet driver as well). Also acquiring a lease
> has become more unreliable..

Odd. I have 1.1.0/1.4.9 firmware on my card and it works like a champ
with Marko's patch. I was not aware that newer firmware was
available. Guess I need to go look for the new firmware.

I saw much better performance than this on my system. I moved over 850
MB of data at an average of 531 MB/sec and a peak of 622 MB/sec. That
translates to a peak over 5 Mb/s and an average of over 4.3 Mb/s. This
was with scp. With ttcp I see transmit speed of 4.1 Mb/s but a receive
speed of only 1.3 Mb/s. This is to an AP.

The problems seemed to start for me after the upgrade to 1.4.9 so maybe
the latest will get things back to normal. I don't often use dhclient,
but I have seen no problems when I do. (I use Lars Eggert's location.sh
to set up my network for my "normal" wireless access.)
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: oberman_(_at_)_es_(_dot_)_net			Phone: +1 510 486-8634

Visit your host, monkey.org