D-Link DWL-AG650, AirPort Extreme, and WEP

+ Eric Anderson <anderson_(_at_)_centtech_(_dot_)_com>:

| Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
| [..snip..]
|
| >In the mean time, I'll just run WEPless.
| >

| You can still use WEP - just change from shared mode to open.

Yeah, if I can figure out how to do that I will.  The AirPort Admin
app doesn't mention shared mode in any of its menus.  Maybe they call
it something else, but I see nothing even remotely relevant.  The only
thing they explain, for those using non-Macs, is how to obtain the WEP
key as hex.

- Harald