D-Link DWL-AG650, AirPort Extreme, and WEP

+ Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche_(_at_)_math_(_dot_)_ntnu_(_dot_)_no>:

| + Eric Anderson <anderson_(_at_)_centtech_(_dot_)_com>:
|
| | You can still use WEP - just change from shared mode to open.
|
| Yeah, if I can figure out how to do that I will.

I finally found out that I cannot, unless I downgrade the firmware on
the base station.  The newer firmware simply does not support open
mode.

This is no longer relevant to this mailing list, other than to
highlight the need for shared mode.  So I'll shut up now.

But first I'll point the curious at the web page which explains
AirPort and shared vs open mode:

  http://stevenf.com/mt/archives/000485.php

- Harald