raster display problem (FreeBSD vs Linux)

Bruce M Simpson wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 08:25:58AM +0100, Gianmarco Giovannelli wrote:
>> The fact seems not related to a particular Linux distro, but seems more
>> generalized, infact I tested a few ones and all succeded in using such
>> mode. Let's see if our console driver support it in the future... It is
>> not very useful on productive server, but it is very cute on a laptop
>> workstation.
> KGI is coming soon -- see the current FreeBSD Status Report.

Is that the only new functionality that KGI will bring? A graphical console?
I used Debian a few times with the framebuffer enabled and it was a mess on
my laptop. I couldn't even see the bottom 10 lines of the console. :) I like
my text console just fine. :)

Or does KGI also promise video driver interoperability between Linux and FreeBSD?
That would be pretty neat, but doesn't X11 already provide this? I'm just not
seeing the benefit to KGI.

Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,
P.O. Box 2605 // Cleveland, TN 37320-2605
423-559-LINK (v)  423-559-5145 (f)

Visit your host, monkey.org