[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
current snap (i386) - /install: syntax error
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: current snap (i386) - /install: syntax error
- From: Matthew Clarke <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 23:33:41 -0800
- Content-Disposition: inline
- Mail-Followup-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: Just me
- User-Agent: Mutt/1.3.28i
Minor glitch during install of current snapshot on i386 laptop.
I pulled the install sets to a local FTP server, and did an FTP install
to the laptop from that server. On that server, the user account I was
using for FTP has a password that contains the 3-character sequence " & ".
This causes a failure "/install: syntax error; unexpected `then'" getting
the list of available install sets. Sorry to not give the line number in
install; it's gone from the console scrollback buffer, and I wasn't using
a serial console.
Easy enough to work around; I control that server, and changed that
account's password to something that did not contain spaces or ampersands.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public
relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
-- Richard P. Feynman