[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
documentation/3749: suggestion for addition to pf.conf.5
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: documentation/3749: suggestion for addition to pf.conf.5
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:19:54 -0501 (EST)
- Resent-Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:30:03 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-From: email@example.com (GNATS Filer)
- Resent-Message-Id: <200404170730.i3H7U3Bx028958@cvs.openbsd.org>
- Resent-Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Resent-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
>Synopsis: slight clairification of the 'quick' behaviour of 'pass' on translation rules
>Arrival-Date: Sat Apr 17 07:30:02 GMT 2004
System : OpenBSD 3.5
Machine : i386
translation rules with 'pass' will always go to the default
queue on a specific interface, if altq is used.
this *can* be inferred from the current documentation, however
an outright mention of it may be useful/effective/warranted.
an example clarification of this, is the addition of the following
sentence to the end of the 'Since translation occurs before filtering'
paragraph in the TRANSLATION section of pf.conf.5 ( line 936 of
/usr/src/share/man/man5/pf.conf.5 ) :
If altq is used on the interface, packets matching a translation rule
which uses the pass modifier will be queued into that interface's default queue.
i tried to make my english seem to make sense. in the following patch,
i also tried to ensure that the highlighting/underlining '.Ar' things
are done where appropriate, but i am unsure about whether 'default' and
'queue' should be '.Ar'd at the end?
please pardon me if you find this an irrelevant or useless addition.
RCS file: /cvs/src/share/man/man5/pf.conf.5,v
retrieving revision 1.294
diff -u -u -r1.294 pf.conf.5
--- pf.conf.5 4 Apr 2004 19:40:43 -0000 1.294
+++ pf.conf.5 17 Apr 2004 07:19:13 -0000
@@ -946,7 +946,12 @@
+is used on the interface, packets matching a translation rule which uses the
+modifier will be queued into that interface's
+.Ar default queue .
The state entry created permits
.Xr pf 4