[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
sudo'ing not working, su'ing does?
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: sudo'ing not working, su'ing does?
- From: "Darren Spruell" <Darren_Spruell@sento.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:31:25 -0700
- content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-Index: AcG2aB8SKzBdSpeaRTquwUg9VluAuQ==
- Thread-Topic: sudo'ing not working, su'ing does?
Greetz misc -
I am unable to 'su' into root, but when trying to use sudo suddenly I am
darren@projectbox:/usr/src$ sudo pkg_add mysql-server-3.23.42.tgz
We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
Administrator. It usually boils down to these two things:
#1) Respect the privacy of others.
#2) Think before you type.
I've seen penguins that can type better than that.
BOB says: You seem to have forgotten your passwd, enter another!
Have you considered trying to match wits with a rutabaga?
sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts
Whereas su-ing to root:
darren@projectbox:~$ su -
Terminal type? [xterm]
i've tried the archves and not found a match on this. Relevant lines
# User privilege specification
root ALL=(ALL) ALL
# Uncomment to allow people in group wheel to run all commands
%wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL
user "darren" is a member of wheel.
Sento IS Dep't