[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Serial console problem with 3.0, am I forgetting something
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Serial console problem with 3.0, am I forgetting something
- From: Nicholas Janzen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:32:53 -0700 (MST)
The man pages and maillist all point to doing these 2 things, which also
worked on my 2.9 system.
I need to setup a serial console on openbsd 3.0/i386
I have done these things
1) in /etc/ttys i have added (enabled this line)
tty00 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" unknown on secure
2) i have added the line to /etc/boot.conf
set tty com0
but all i get is a terminal, not a console (just a login prompt, no
Am i missing something, this exact conf worked on a 2.9 system.