[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Using different versions of same package?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Using different versions of same package?
- From: Tilo Stritzky <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:16:26 +0100
- Content-Disposition: inline
- Mail-Followup-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
Is there a straightforward way to keep different versions of a certain
I installed OpenBsd 2.8 and added ghostview-1.5. this required (among others)
After upgrading to 3.0 I installed xv. Now the required libpng is
When I try to add this it complains (rightly) that there is already a
libpng, and after removing this one the (older) ghostview wont work
Eventually I threw out the old libpng, added it again with the `-R' flag
(don not register package) and then added the new libpng. This works but
is too much hassle and leaves me with an unregisterd package install.