[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Theo de Raadt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: snapshots
- From: Josh Archambault <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 10:06:04 -0600
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <200202180844.g1I8iBWU027695@cvs.openbsd.org>
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/20011128 Netscape6/6.2.1
Another data point for those interested...
I have a 1.4G AMD T-Bird with an Adaptec 39160 (stand-alone card...not
embedded) and a pair of 18G Seagate X15's (one on each channel). I
cvs'd and compiled -current on 2/27/02.
I've had sporadic crashes in the past (with 3.0-RELEASE) that always
seem to trace back to controller problems. I'm not going to claim any
serious amount of testing, but I copied the src tree from disk to disk
several times and had no issues, and usually such a series of tests
would have caused the machine to crash.
Theo de Raadt wrote:
> a bunch of new snapshots are out..
> some things need testing. rather important for this next release which
> will up come faster than we expect ;-)
> in particular:
> the ahc scsi driver has been replaced by a new
> driver. this needs to be tested on all models.
> de vs dc
> on tulip and tulip-clone cards, the dc driver is
> now preferred over the de driver
> people who have this hardware should be sure to test everything
> they possibly can. they are both rather large changes, and we do
> not have all the possible setups to be able to test it.