[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SSH Sentinel Client help please
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: SSH Sentinel Client help please
- From: "Robert Schwartz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:00:47 -0800
- content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-Index: AcHL1NxW+IjB3hEHS9Ky2Mk2gr3ZDw==
- Thread-Topic: SSH Sentinel Client help please
I have some questions about the SSH Sentinel client for IPSec to OpenBSD
as a VPN remote access solution. A few people on this list have had a
lot of success with this, so I was hoping someone might be able to help
me out with a few issues.
1) I'm using the beta (1.3). Is this the right version to concentrate
on or is the 1.2 release a better client (Client OS are Windows 2000 and
2) I've configured my server per Rafael Coninck Teigao's post and set up
the client to use a pre-shared secret:
Network= x.y.z.0 <--- address of my private network?
Netmask= 255.255.255.0 <-- netmask of the private net?
The policy file is a cut and paste off Rafael's email. When I try to
connect I establish an SA, I can ping the inside interface of the
bastion host, but I cannot ping hosts on the network etc.
There is an option for virtual IP address, when I tweak with those
settings I get an error about an INVALID_COOKIE. Searching for that
error string through all the usual sources lead to some discussion about
upgrading to current. I was on a stable branch from last week, but I
upgraded to current and still get this issue.
3) Has anyone implemented this with certificates yet?