[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
SCSI problems fixed in Adaptec 29160 / AIC 7899g chipset (ahc driver)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: SCSI problems fixed in Adaptec 29160 / AIC 7899g chipset (ahc driver)
- From: OpenBSD baby <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 14:34:44 -0700
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Content-Disposition: inline
- User-Agent: Mutt/126.96.36.199i
Just sending this for the archives' sake. It's not a question.
The problems we were having with the Adaptec 29160 / AIC 7899g SCSI chipset seem to have been fixed in the 3.1 release, with no other change.
Using the exact same hardware & hard drives, with OpenBSD 3.0-stable and 3.0-current, we were getting a total lock/freeze on occasional regular use when we had more than one SCSI hard drive on the chain.
(With only one drive, it worked fine. Add more than one drive, and it would crash.)
Now in OpenBSD 3.1, straight off the CD, (no /usr/src/ update, patch, or rebuild), the exact same hardware is working perfectly.
Thanks to email@example.com for the ahc SCSI driver!