[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FW: Newbie compat_linux question
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: FW: Newbie compat_linux question
- From: Peter Fairbrother <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 03:53:15 +0100
- User-Agent: Microsoft Outlook Express Macintosh Edition - 5.01 (1630)
Tried ports, anyone here got any ideas?
> Hans Insulander wrote:
> Peter Fairbrother <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> Is it possible to use Compat_Linux to make use of a Linux device driver that
>> is only available for Linux? And have eg a socket, fifo or pipe to an
>> OpenBSD app?
> No, the compat stuff is only for userland programs, not kernel level
> things like drivers.
Can anyone think of a way to use a Linux driver under OpenBSD? I want to use
about 50 Linux winmodem drivers, some with binary-only portions, so porting
them isn't an option.
I'm prepared to put a fair bit of effort into this, so any suggestions are
welcome. VMware for OpenBSD?
-- Peter Fairbrother