[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: francisco <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Ramdisk?
- From: David Auclair <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:52:10 -0400
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <Pine.BSO.email@example.com>
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.2.1) Gecko/20010901
> you'll get the "Device not configured" error as long as you are trying to
> use an rd device and have not recompiled your kernel. it's kind of like
> if your kernel does not have cd support but you try to mount /dev/cd0c.
> i use mount_mfs in this fashion:
> mount_mfs swap /tmp/mem
> you can use '-s number' to specify a size. it seems to work even if you
> have no swap space; i just disabled mine and using 'mount_mfs swap /mnt'
> worked fine.
That works nicely.
Odd that it works even without swap (I'm not complaining though).
Thank you very much for your help, it's much appreciated.