[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: CVSup - updating OpenBSD
On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 12:13:04AM +0200, Sebastian Rother wrote:
> Is here somebody who speaks german? :o)
Yes, but not me. I'll use simple English.
> How did I update OpenBSD via Internet?
The easiest and best way is to download a floppy image and use it
for a FTP install. Do this:
0) Make a backup. (Always make backups. Make an extra
backup for this because it's easy to make big mistakes
1) Go to: http://openbsd.trumpetpower.com/de/ftp.html .
Pick a server near you.
2) Go to: http://openbsd.trumpetpower.com/faq/de/faq4.html
. It has all the instructions you need.
3) When you start the installer, pick [U]pgrade instead of
4) When you're done, be sure to visit:
Don't use CVS. It works great, but it's meant for advanced users
and developers. You don't need it.
Of course, send another note if you need more help.
[demime 0.98d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]