[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Resetting crashed smc 2632w wireless network pcmcia card
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Resetting crashed smc 2632w wireless network pcmcia card
- From: "Anwar Puthu" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 15:17:12 +0100 (BST)
- User-Agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.1
Is there any way to reset a pcmcia card (similar to cardctl reset / eject
/ insert on Linux ) under OpenBSD?
I find my SMC 2632W wireless card locksout occasionally. I use the card
in IBSS-master mode. The box is my home network server and is not
physically accessible. I have a serial connection dangling which I
connect to an old laptop for console access.
Whenever I lose network access, the only thing I can do is connect up the
serial console and restart the computer.
If there is some way I could detect a locked radio as well, it would be
even better, as I could poll the card and reset it.