[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
starting a script from rc.local
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: starting a script from rc.local
- From: Daniel Polak <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 10:48:35 +0200
- Organization: SYS, Supporting Your Systems B.V.
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030901 Thunderbird/0.2
I have a problem with a script that starts at system boot and then runs
in the background.
The problem can be reproduced with a pared down script that just
contains two lines:
The script is started from rc.local as /etc/myscript &
If isakmpd is started directly from rc.local (not what I want because I
have to do lots of things in myscript) it will run properly.
If /etc/myscript is started in the foreground from rc.local isakmpd will
However if /etc/myscript is started in the background from rc.local
isakmpd will fail with the following messages:
"Write to log file failed (errno 5), redirecting output to syslog" and
then "Recvfrom (.....): Socket operation on non socket".
The problem occurs with 3.3 stable but a 2.9 system runs properly with