[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
NYC *BSD User Group March 3rd Meeting - http://www.NYCBUG.org/
- To: OpenBSD Misc List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: NYC *BSD User Group March 3rd Meeting - http://www.NYCBUG.org/
- From: John Bacalle <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:40:35 -0500
- Content-Disposition: inline
- Mail-Followup-To: OpenBSD Misc List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
What: NYCBUG.org Monthly Meeting
Topic: CryptoGraphic Disk Device (CGD)
When: Wednesday, March 3rd, 7PM
Where: The meeting will be held at the offices of SageSecure, LLC at
116 W. 23rd Street, west off 6th Avenue. Fifth floor.
Who: Roland Dowdeswell
Cost: Free and open to the public
New York City *BSD Users Group
Introduced in the `NetBSD -current' source code tree and part of
the upcoming 2.0 release, the CryptoGraphic Disk Device (CGD)
provides cryptographic security for data stored on hard drives.
The presentation will cover the following:
1. the high level design of CGD,
2. threat models,
3. comparison with both other cryptographic disk
drivers and file systems, and
4. how to use CGD, and make sure that you are
using it securely.
For background information on CGD please refer to
For further meeting information visit http:/www.nycbug.org/ .
This meeting is free and open to the public.
We kindly endorse the distribution of this announcement among your
colleagues, and potential *BSD users. Thank you.