[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Building X on OpenBSD 2.2



Greetings veterans,

If someone can help me with this problem, I would be very appreciative.

I'm trying to install X on top of a fresh install of OpenBSD 2.2.  So far,
I havn't even gotten the build to finish without errors.  I've checked the
FAQs, docs, web pages, etc., but haven't been able to find anything (that I
recognized) pertaining to particular build problems.  I've installed a
couple forms of Un*x before, but never X, so any clues, be it links to a
troubleshooting group/page/file or straight-out answers, would be a
blessing.  The machine is Toshiba 440 CDT laptop, Chips and Technology
65554 video, with an attempted build through a symbolic tree to the OpenBSD
CD-ROM (Disc 2).  Since I'm not sure exactly what's related in the X build
tree, here's most (if not all) of the errors I'm getting.

Thank you,
Barclay Osborn


Errors:

<somepath>/Xserver/servermd.h:  252 #error ARgj!
*** Error code 1 (continuing)
[hundreds of these, all servermd.h:252, right after the #ifndef OpenBSD.
It seems to me that OpenBSD has been defined by now, since the build makes
it past site.def and other .cf/.def files that would be scanned first, so
it seems the #ifndef wouldn't fail, but I could be wrong.]

bdftopcf.o: Undefined symbol '_FontDefaultFormat' referenced from test segment
*** Error code 1 (continuing)
[I read something about a ld -l/m option/conflict; didn't undertand it - is
this related?  There's a couple more of these, with different symbols in
different binaries.]

gcc -c -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -ansi -Dasm=__asm -I<tons of pathnames...>
-DCSRG_BASED -DSHAPE -DXINPUT -DXKB -DLBX -DXAPPGROUP - DXSECURITY
-DDRMExtension -DPIXPRIV -DGCCUSESGAS -DSTATIC_COLOR -DAVOID_GLYPHBLT
-DPIXPRIV -DXFreeXDGA -DNDEBUG -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO -DDDXOSINIT
-DSERVER_LOCK -DDDDXOSFATALERROR -DDDXTIME -DHAS_SHM -DHAS_MMAP stubs.c
'all'; not remade because of errors.
*** Error code 1 (continuing)
[many of these, the -I paths and -Dflags are probably different for
different sources, but I didn't check. I was hoping any resolution to the
above would cure this.]

gcc: dix/libdix.a:  No such file or directory
gcc: hw/vfb/libcfb.a  No such file or directory
gcc: cfb/libcfb.a  No such file or directory
gcc: cfb16/libcfb.a  No such file or directory
gcc: cfb24/libcfb.a  No such file or directory
gcc: cfb/32libcfb.a  No such file or directory
gcc: mfg/libmfb.a  No such file or directory
gcc: mi/libmi.a  No such file or directory
gcc: Xext/libext.a  No such file or directory
gcc: XIE/dixie/libdixie.a  No such file or directory
gcc: XIE/mixie/libmixie.a  No such file or directory
gcc: lbx/liblbx.a  No such file or directory
*** Error code 1 (continuing)
[I'm just assuming these libs couldn't be made because of the above.]

LD_LIBRARY_PATH = [somefile].pcf.gz
*** Error code 127 (continuing)
[hundreds of these; the 127 code scares me - it seems only evil things
harbor such a high errnum.]