Re: "3 fingers"

On Monday, May 4, Jon Ribbens wrote:
> "Todd C. Miller" <Todd.Miller@courtesan.com> wrote:
> > > maybe I have stupid question, but how to activate Ctrl + Alt + Delete
> > > OpenBSD shutdown?
> > > By default it doesn't work like in Linux or FreeBSD.
> >
> > You don't.  OpenBSD doesn't have that dubious "feature".
>
> What's dubious about it?

What if someone is running something "important", and you just blew it out
of the water?

> > You should run the shutdown command.
>
> And what if you can't?

Define "can't".  If you can't run shutdown, maybe you should not BE running
shutdown.  If the machine is so hosed that you can't log in, chances are that
you will not be able to use the three-finger salute either.  Time to hit that
reset switch (and get ready for fsck time)...

If general users need a way to reboot the machine, I suppose setting up sudo
to allow reboot, or making an account (bad idea) that has reboot as it's shell
will do fine...

--Toby.