Re[2]: "3 fingers"

Wim Vandeputte <bunbun@reptile.rug.ac.be> wrote:

> I guess the point is: if people have access to the console, they can pull
> the plug and press reset anyways. So why not offer the 'gracefull reboot'
> option? I trained people over here to do so with the linux boxes, in case
> there is a power shutdown or they need to fuss around with the wiring.
> But in no case I'm going to give them access (any sorts of login) to the
> machines.

Instead of worrying about the whole thing, just offer it as an option,
that if someone *wants* the option enabled, then they can have it.  It
seems we're all just wasting time and bandwidth here arguing whether or
not to include it -- so just include it as an option.

--
     Unix Admin/BOFH       | Impeach Clinton! The President is not exempt!
 Email: drwho @ xnet.com   | Member: CAUCE - http://www.cauce.org