man du versus BLOCKSIZE

Question: is it preferred unix culture that a man page's simple option
description such as the -k option in "du -k", state that it works in one
definitive way, only to be corrected at the end of the same document where
the influence of environment variables is discussed?

Is the word "default" sacrosanct somehow so that the influence of
environment variables would not at least be referred to in the quick
option description?

Anyway, I found that without mention of the influence of BLOCKSIZE on the
-k option appearing in the same screenful of information from the man
pages, it caused me to waste 1/2 hour trying to figure out why the -k
option didn't seem to be working on my 486 where BLOCKSIZE was already set
to 1k.

Try a "man du" and see what I mean.

Is it reasonable for me to submit small correction as a man page bug (via
sendbug)?

Austin Hook