Re: man du versus BLOCKSIZE

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Aaron Jackson wrote:
> If you look in your .cshrc file you'll see :
> alias du        du -k

Hmmm, you scared me that I hadn't looked at the situation closely enough.
In fact as soon as I did an alias du I got the smae result as you did ---
BUT after a moment of feeling foolish I realized that

alias du (du -k)

was only in the user accounts, and I had been using the root account at
the time I had the problem.  The root did not have an alias, but it did
have the environment variable BLOCKSIZE set to 1k.

So my original questions stand.  Any opinion on the way to help someone
else in the future from stumbling over it as I did?

Austin Hook