Your help needed at OpenBSD Booth, Usenix, New Orleans

As you probably know, the OpenBSD Project is a co-sponsor of the FREENIX
Track at Usenix, to be held in New Orleans on June 15-19 (see
http://www.usenix.org/events/no98 for details). There are some great
speakers lined up; keynotes include James Randi ("The Amazing") on
pseudoscience, Dennis Ritchie in a retrospective on the ACM article, and
Steve Mann on Wearable Computers.

Being a track co-sponsor means we get special status and, in addition, have
a real booth of our own at the trade show.

But having a booth is only academic unless we have people to staff it.
Accordingly we need volunteers.  People who can talk enhusiastically
(and politely) about how good OpenBSD is, or how it has helped them.
If you are a developer or a user or both, you are qualified!

Those other free UNIXes are going to have booths, too. We need to show
the show attendees that we can have a real presence.

The booth is only open for two days, the Wednesday (June 17th) from
Noon until 7 PM, and the Thursday (18th) from 10 AM until 4 PM.
So it won't cut into your time at the tech shows or BOFs very much,
and it'll make us look great. We should have 2-3 people in the booth
at any given time. There are quite a few of us going, so we should
be able to cover the whole two days without inconveniencing anybody.
We've got to have the people in order to have the booth. I need to
get the schedule worked out ASAP to ensure that we can credibly
run the booth.

So, I'd like to ask everyone on this list who is attending to put in
some time at the booth. If you are going, please let me know and, if
you have preferred times (or times you're not available), and I will try
to work out a schedule that works for everyone but still gets full coverage.

Also, if you have ideas for effective technology demonstrations that we
could set up easily in a booth setting, please let me know.

Thank you for your help.

Ian Darwin
ian@darwinsys.com
ian@openbsd.org