RE: Help on Install

-----Original Message-----
From:	Tobias Weingartner <weingart@wolfram.com>
Sent:	Thursday, May 07, 1998 3:29 PM
To:	Omar Aldahir
Subject:	Re: Help on Install

On Thursday, May 7, Omar wrote:
> Sorry I am using OpenBSD 2.2 . I purchased the copy in February of this
> year so I am very sure its 2.2. I originally purchased it to port OpenBSD
> to a NEC RiscStation 200 with the help of Per but have since lost the
> machine because of legal matters. I hope the instructions you gave
earlier
> are still valid. One last question. Will future releases of OpenBSD be
non
> disc specific (as far as install). Or are there any means now to remedy
> this problem now during install?

I don't know what you mean by "disk specific".  But lets get you going.
First of all, you need to tell me how your machine is set-up.  The first
disk has what on it?  DOS/Win95/NT?  What are you using to multi-boot the
machine?  How did you install obsd on your system.  Where does it panic,
and where does the screen scroll?

--Toby.

The first disk has NT and Openstep 4.2. I am using NT to multi boot the NT
loader to multi boot the system at this  time although I am switching boot
disks on the SCSI card from 0 to 1 ( my SCSI card an ADAPTEC2940 alows you
to switch SCSI ID for booting) to boot OpenBSD when I install it for now.
All this will change to the NT boot loader when I get everything working
though. I booted from the CD on my SCSI CD-ROM for booting OpenBSD (another
option on the SCSI card). It panics as it is loading the OS right after it
scans the bus. And that's when I get the dd> prompt. It mentions booting or
looking for boot file on /dev/sda. That's all I have for now. I'll try to
be more specific when I try booting again. BTW it was mentioned to me to
boot with the -a option.