Re: man du versus BLOCKSIZE

> I logged in as root on that occasion.  I realize that when the machine
> starts up it says don't use root, but I also notice that root is setup
> with proper paths to do system work.
>
> Are we supposed to customize our user account by merging in stuff from the
> .cshrc and .login files from the ~root directory?

The default .cshrc aliases su as "su -m".  I, haven hated it,
removed the alias, causing su to use root's shell and environment.
One more thing that you can do is to use the construct

if ( "`whoami`" == root )
	# commands
endif

in your .cshrc file.

Vadik.

--
Vadim Vygonets * vadik@cs.huji.ac.il * Unix system administrator
Imagine, C++ all day, on a NT machine, using the Development