Re: What is the first serial port called (hp300)

In message <199805091436.IAA20974@openbsd.cs.colorado.edu>,
	"Stan Brown" writes:
>	I am fixing to set up my OpenBS/hp300 system up as my ppp gateway to
>	the world. My machine has only 1 serail port.
>
>	For ppp what device file should I use?

The first DCA device is /dev/tty0 and /dev/cua0.

I'm not sure how well a DCA port is going to work for ppp.  You're going
to get a lot of overflows and of course be limited to 38400bps.

You're much better off using an old i486 or something like that to route
ppp.

--
Jason Downs		   (360) 694-3110
downsj@downsj.com