[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: What is the first serial port called (hp300)
- To: "Stan Brown" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: What is the first serial port called (hp300)
- From: Jason Downs <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 05:35:07 -0700
- cc: firstname.lastname@example.org (OpenBSD general usage list)
- Delivery-Date: Sun May 10 05:38:13 1998
In message <199805091436.IAA20974@openbsd.cs.colorado.edu>,
"Stan Brown" writes:
> I am fixing to set up my OpenBS/hp300 system up as my ppp gateway to
> the world. My machine has only 1 serail port.
> For ppp what device file should I use?
The first DCA device is /dev/tty0 and /dev/cua0.
I'm not sure how well a DCA port is going to work for ppp. You're going
to get a lot of overflows and of course be limited to 38400bps.
You're much better off using an old i486 or something like that to route
Jason Downs (360) 694-3110