Re: i386 Video Support Question

You wrote (in your message from Sun 10)
 > I am in the process of upgrading one of my systems and ran into a
 > question regarding OBSD's video support on i386.  Does anyone know if
 > there are any problems with AGP?  I don't know anything about AGP
 > really, so this might be a dumb question.

AGP boards work without problems with OpenBSD. The text console only
uses the VGA I/O ports to talk to the board and AGP boards are still
VGA compatible.

XFree86 3.3.2 supports a wide range of AGP boards too, so if you pick
one supported board, you won't have problems to run X. Check
<http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.2/README3.html#3> for the list of
supported boards.

					Matthieu