Re: IPF IPNAT OpenBSD 2.3 Alpha

> On Fri, 8 May 1998, Matthew Patton wrote:
>
> > Yes, we all know ipnat/ipfilter works just peachy on x86. It DOES NOT on
> > alpha. Just ask emory@hellyeah.com. I use ipnat/filter extensively on x86
> > so to answer the original poster's question, NO you can not do it till such
> > time as ipfilter is 64bit clean. It's not. Well if it is, I'm at a loss to
> > explain why it simply don't work.
> >

> How disappointing ... I wonder if anyone is truely working on solving the
> problem.  What is sad is that I have to kill my OpenBSD installation and
> install Linux to get things working the way I'd like them to work...
> Darnit, I had my hopes up... :(

I haven't been reading this thread, but if you wish to do NAT through
a ppp connection, it should be possible using user-ppp and libalias.

However, libalias ``will never be part of OpenBSD'', so you'll need
to do a little (but not much) work.

If you're interested, drop me a line.

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>