Re: vi scrolling on Sparc console

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Paul Janzen wrote:

> > > One more thing for those of you that run OpenBSD on sparcs, why does the
> > > screen get mangled while scrolling down in "vi"? I noticed this on an LX
> > > first, but after compiling a new kernel it went away. Now I'm installing
> > > OpenBSD on a Sparc5 and got the same effect, so I'll try to make a new kernel
> > > on that one too, so I can use editors without the screenmemory getting all
> > > weird.
>
> FWIW, I noticed this while telnetted in to an OpenBSD sparc from the
> console of an IPX running SunOS 4.1.3_U1B.  Oddly, vi caused no problems on
> the console of the OpenBSD machine itself, which was running stock 2.2.

This really sounds strange... I've this problem only on the console of the
OpenBSD machines (2.2, I am waiting for 2.3 CD to check this) only. When
telnetting to the OpenBSD box (SS 4 and SS 5) from a linux box, I didn't
even noticed this such problem... ;-) ?

/Xavier

--
 Cybernet Consulting Associates - I.S.P. & Network Design and Consulting
 Xavier Beaudouin   -   Network Designer & Consultant   -   kiwi@oav.net