Re: GeeK: OpenBSD code used in Apple's Rhapsody

Hiya!

A long while ago (around a year?) someone from apple.com sent misc@
a request to help them get acquainted with OpenBSD and its
src tree, and explicitly stated that they'd wanted to examine and possibly
incorporate portions of OpenBSD into Rhapsody.

Be Inc., the day after shipping the Intel CDs, apologized and made
the GPL src available VIA their FTP site. In addition, Network
Associates Inc. (nee McAfee) uses GPL code (Linux+gcc) in their WebWall
and WebShield products. To honor the terms of the GPL, NAI mentions
some of the code coming from the GNU project in the documentation,
and keeps thee appropriate source code on its FTP site.

-Jon

/  J. Joseph Max Katz                  jkatz@darpanet.net        /
/  Chief Executive Officer             http://www.cpio.net       /
/  CPIO Networks                       (408) 569-7092            /
/  "Hardware designers stick to the ASICs..."        -Gale       /
/  "I thought you were in r00t! so I hated you!"     -Claret     /