Re: speed of ffs (OpenBSD / 4.3BSD)

In message <19980517185137.22934@liafa1.liafa.jussieu.fr> Marc Espie writes:
: What annoys me somewhat there is that considering the differing
: design decisions, we can't easily benchmark OpenBSD FFS vs.
: linux ext2fs, and see whether there's any `secure' improvement
: we missed, can we ?

One wonders if soft updates with OpenBSD's ext2fs would be faster or
slower than native Linux for the same hardware :-)

I don't know jack about the soft update code, so I don't know if
ext2fs needs a little work, no work or a boatload of work to make it
function with soft updates.  Just wondering out loud...

Warner