[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Problems with OpenBSD-2.2/mac68k errata
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Problems with OpenBSD-2.2/mac68k errata
- From: Gert-Jan Vons <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 22:47:47 +0200 (CEST)
- Delivery-Date: Tue May 19 14:35:14 1998
I recently got an old Mac IICx/8MB + old Conner 200MB disk, so I
tried to install OpenBSD 2.2 on it.
As was to be expected, I ran into the "INSTALLATION PROCESS FLAW" as
documented on the 2.2 errata page.
However, there are two problems with the suggested solutions:
The web-page suggests an alternative solution consisting of mv-ing
the file using the minishell. However, the minishell apparently
doesn't support the "mv" command...
So I downloaded the new bsd-generic.tar.gz image
but the Mac install program was unable to uncompress it.
That new image has been gzip-ped differently it seems, since I was
able to install it after uncompressing it and just gzip-ping it
(waiting impatiently for the end of the base install :-)