[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Priorities on the ppp connectin?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Priorities on the ppp connectin?
- From: Austin Hook <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 12:36:13 -0600 (MDT)
- Delivery-Date: Thu May 21 11:38:08 1998
Is there any way to control the priority on the ppp connection. I mean if
I have a background process (or more likely another virtual terminal)
doing a large download, but elsewhere I am trying to do some interactive
work remotely, I don't think merely changing the niceness of the download
task will affect its hogging the bandwidth to my isp, since that is not
primarily a cpu bound problem.
Or is that largely uncharted territory.