Re: Priorities on the ppp connectin?

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Felix Schroeter wrote:
> There is a simple two-level priority queueing in the kernel ppp and slip
> drivers. Default is low priority, except for packets with the
> "low delay" type of service flag set in the IP header, which are assigned
> to the high priority queue.

Hi Felix,

  Thanks for the feedback.

  So, however, for me to get that kind of response from netscape, telnet,
rlogin, ssh, scp, or ftp those programs would have to have options to set
the priority, right?  I don't see such options offhand. So is your answer
mainly relative to rolling your own net application?

Austin