Re: circular make

On Sat, 23 May 1998, Matthew Patton wrote:

> I'm in the process of upgrading to 2.3/-current and came across a circular
> make loop in /usr/src/include. I've re cvs'd the file just to make sure.
> Basically there are 2 'includes:' directives in there. Or is this something
> to do with using a -current make?

I had a make loop a week or so ago, and it had to do with includes :-)

My problem was that I got an error (a missing directory lib/libossaudio if
I remember correctly) and it restarted of some unknown reason. It had done
make includes 20-30 times when I noticed it. When I had fetch libossaudio
all worked as expected.

> --------
> "There are no significant bugs in our released software that any
> significant number of users want fixed." - Bill Gates in an interview with
> Focus magazine, Oct 23, 1995.

-moj