2.3 CD problems

Hi!

I may have missed something, but I'm having difficulty with
the GENERIC kernel that is install during the 2.3 install on my
p][/233 Machine-- when it boots it recognizes "de0" however as soon
as it is about to mount root...

rootdev=0x0 rrootdev=0x300 rawdev=0x302
panic: tupli_media_poll: botch at line 811
ddb>

cpu0: Intel Pentium ][ (scrolled by too fast...)
bios0 at mainbus0 (scrolled by too fast)
de0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0 "Digital Equipment coporation DECchip 21140 (Fasternet)" rev 0x22 irq 11

Everything else seems to check out OK.

The machine is a vanilla box with two p][/233s in it. The machine hangs
like this whether or not the cable is plugged into the card (we have a 10
Base-T network right now.) The kernel isn't finding any devices which
don't exist. The install kernel on the CD works fine.

by doing a "-c" on boot and disabling "de0" the machine
detects it as not configued, and boots just fine.

The card is the cheap $30.00 Netgear-built DEC-based PCI ethernet cards
that have worked flawlessly with OpenBSD 2.2 and 2.3-pre-release code.

/  J. Joseph Max Katz                  jkatz@darpanet.net        /
/  Chief Executive Officer             http://www.cpio.net       /
/  CPIO Networks                       (408) 569-7092            /
/  "Hardware designers stick to the ASICs..."        -Gale       /
/  "I thought you were in r00t! so I hated you!"     -Claret     /