Re: PPP error output

> >May 29 19:56:36 newmail pppd[21810]: local  IP address 192.168.1.2
> >May 29 19:56:36 newmail pppd[21810]: remote IP address 198.168.1.3

I need my head examined. :\

You might noticed that I mistyped my REMOTE IP number making it
unresolvable with a netmask of 255.255.255.0 <sigh> It was pretty late
Friday night... once I changed it back to 192... proxyarp was happy and I
have an entry in my ARP table now :)

Now, this has gotten me only 1 step closer.

I can now PING and FTP to my Win95 station from the BSD server. But that's
it. I can't see it from any other workstation, nor can the Win 95 box see
ANYBODY.

I think the issue Win95 not getting out could be the fact that the PPPD
daemon isn't giving out all the info that the DUN adaptor wants. IE:
Default Gateway, DNS SERVER.

but I am a little lost as to why the rest of my machines can't see my win
95 box if the BSD machine can? I would have thought that the proxyarp
would do it's job an advertize that 192.168.1.3 is attached to the same
MAC address as 192.168.1.2 is, and they can see that just fine. <shrug>

I need some help from someone who knows more about Unix IP routing I think.

I will subscribe myself to the freebsd list as well and try to get this
resolved quickly so I can write it up.

I read their docs on working with Win95, it was an example of how they do
a kernel level ppp set-up and was very scant on detail but it did mention
something about variables for GATEWAY and ARP_PROXYALL. Do this translate
to an OpenBSD use?

Nick

--
Nick Ellson