It works :)

Thanks Tood, and thanks everyone. My PPP dial in project is now a total
success at 9600 baud. My Win95 workstation is now dialed in and running as
if I have my 100Base-TX line still hooked up. My network doesn't know the
difference (as far as IP, I am not interested YET on getting IPX going ;)

I will write up what I have in a "How to Set-Up a PPP Dial-In account for
Win95" later tonight.

My one last task is to get my speed up to 57600. Since I am just starting
the PPPD service with

# pppd /dev/tty01

with a config file like

/etc/ppp/options.tty01

9600  <- I have to because that seems to be the default for the serial
                port)
persist
remotename dialin
auth
crtscts
passive
192.168.1.2:192.168.1.3
login
proxyarp
require-pap
silent
ms-dns 206.26.36.24

Any ideas on how to start up my com port at 57600 (I know it works at that
speed because Kermit handles it great for dialing out)

Nick

--
Nick Ellson
Customer Support