Kernel Building Vs. sysctl

Hi Steven,

Yes, praised be the command sysctl <bow> as it sure fixed me up. But not
before I had the chance to look at the generic kernel config file.. WOW, there
is a lot of stuff in there I don't need.

I think you are right. I am going to close up this PPP project first and write it up
as a FAQ, THEN dig into my kernel. Gotta do some weeding ;)

Now, with commands like sysctl, and starting my 'pppd /dev/tty01', where is the
best place to put them? I have been using rc.local for this, am I in the best
place?

Oh, and soon I will want to close my system up so it can move it outside my
firewall (a Whistle Interjet). Where would I find documentation on port filtering,
and blocking access? And can someone help me find out how I tell the BSD
machine that the domain 192.168.1.* is trusted to relay out to the net? ;) I
finally got Q-Mail working internally but I am getting turned away when it comes
to getting outbound mail out the door <sigh>

Nick