rignt $PREFIX (splitted from "files above $PREFIX")

>>   $PREFIX is /usr/local/news
>> (it's about inn-2.3.5 port)

CW> No, this is wrong.

  What is wrong ? $PREFIX ? Ready to hear reasons (or OpenBSD
development/porting rules). That's default value, and I found it
comfortable for debugs (easy to clean-up insuccesfull installs).

but it's theme for another tread, splitting to "right $PREFIX"

CW>   You want to use the default PREFIX for INN,
CW> with various configuration and variable data split out to SYSCONFDIR
CW> and /var.

   I do not understand, what you want to say this way. Don't
start with "You want ..." please.

CW>   If you are looking at other systems, the Debian package is
CW> probably a good guide and the FreeBSD port a bad one.

   I'm not looking to any system (almost :).

Thanks for reply.

Ilya A. Kovalenko                (mailto:shadow@oganer.net)