Re: rignt $PREFIX (splitted from "files above $PREFIX")

AM> The package will do its own cleanup;

(not an argument pro/contra, just note !)
I said "for debugs" i.e. port debugging, when "own cleanup" fail.

AM>  if you want the port in the
AM> OpenBSD tree, it should obey hier(7) and install files appropriately.

10x, 'll see

>> CW>   You want to use the default PREFIX for INN,
>> CW> with various configuration and variable data split out to SYSCONFDIR
>> CW> and /var.
>>
>>    I do not understand, what you want to say this way. Don't
>> start with "You want ..." please.

AM> I think he answered your question ...

Actually, no, but I finally can guess that he tried to say.

  Finally, it means nothing, but, I guess, nobody can TELL me
what I want, ask - yes, tell - no. Another thing - what I
SHOULD do. That is the root of misunrderstandings, in current
case.

  I undersood, that no variable or configuration data can't be
deployed on /usr (it was on rules, but i miss it :-/ ).

  Another thing - extra subdirectory "news" (/usr/local/news/),
is it permitted ? Actually, I can't see serious reasons to
creare it.

Thank you.

Best regards,
 Ilya                            mailto:shadow@oganer.net