Re: rignt $PREFIX (splitted from "files above $PREFIX")

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 03:16:49AM +0800, Ilya A. Kovalenko wrote:

> >>    I do not understand, what you want to say this way. Don't
> >> start with "You want ..." please.
>
> AM> I think he answered your question ...
>
> Actually, no, but I finally can guess that he tried to say.
>
>   Finally, it means nothing, but, I guess, nobody can TELL me
> what I want, ask - yes, tell - no. Another thing - what I
> SHOULD do. That is the root of misunrderstandings, in current
> case.

The root of misunderstunding is your superficial knowledge of the
English language, which is obvious from your spelling (can you mailer
run spell-checker?) and grammatical mistakes.  That in itself wouldn't
be a problem, but when you begin being stubborn about something you
misunderstood than it is.  I guess everybody on this list was
surprisingly polite to tell you that, but I shall.

CW, used a common phrase "You want to do ...", which doesn't literally
imply that he knows what you want to do; it implies that is the best way
he knows of doing it.

Before replying the way you did, make sure that you thoroughly understand
the language you communicate in.  Otherwise, _you_ could be
misunderstood for an overly arrogant person, and as a result recieve
much less positive input from this list.

--
Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan@cs.wm.edu>
http://www.cs.wm.edu/~zvezdan/