I'm stuck in in GNU autoconf hell

Hi all,

I'm trying to update my faac port but I can not configure the beast
because of the typical GNU autoconf/automake madness.

There is this bootstrap script:
#! /bin/sh

aclocal -I .
autoheader
libtoolize --automake
automake --add-missing
autoconf

Now my problem is that it needs a new autoconf because of the
AC_CHECK_TYPES() makro.

So I created the following pre-configure target
pre-configure:
        cd ${WRKDIST} && \
        aclocal-1.4 -I . && \
        autoheader-2.52 && \
        libtoolize --automake && \
        automake-1.4 --add-missing && \
        autoconf-2.52

After that I have a configure script but this gives up with:
ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
*** Error code 1

Any ideas? Does a simpler sollution exist?

thanks
--
:wq Claudio