small typo in php4-pear-4.3.1.tgz snapshot on ftp server when usedwith 3.3-current snapshot also on ftp site

Hi, I installed the 3.3-current snapshot from the ftp site (bsd kernel image
date is may 08 12:55) and I also installed the php4-pear-4.3.1.tgz snapshot
also on the ftp site (file date may 05 12:08).

There is a tiny typo in the pear CLI script which resides in /usr/local/bin.

For this latest snapshot, the pear libraries are installed to
/var/www/pear/lib.

However, in the pear CLI script that resides in /usr/local/bin, the expected
path for the libraries is /var/www/pear and this results in an error message
if someone tries to run the pear CLI script. Someone might run this script
if, for example, they were trying to install a new pear package from the pear
repository.

Here is a teeny tiny diff from the original pear script and one with the small
change to make it work:

-edward@dell1$ diff pear_fixed pear_original
31,32c31,32
< if ('/var/www/pear/lib' != '@'.'include_path'.'@') {
<     ini_set('include_path', '/var/www/pear/lib');
---
> if ('/var/www/pear' != '@'.'include_path'.'@') {
>     ini_set('include_path', '/var/www/pear');

If someone were to try to run the script without having the fixed include
path, this is the error that they would see:

Warning: main(PEAR.php) [http://www.php.net/function.main]: failed to create
stream: No such file or directory in pear_original on line 45
PHP Fatal error:  main() [http://www.php.net/function.main]: Failed opening
required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='/var/www/pear') in
/usr/local/bin/pear_original on line 45

Anyway, I hope that this helps someone.

Regards,
Edward

--
"Forget your enemies. It's your friends you frustrate that cause all the
problems."