New: audio/shntool

shntool is a multi-purpose WAVE data processing and reporting utility.
File formats are abstracted from its core, so it can process any file
that contains WAVE data, compressed or not - provided there exists a
format module to handle that particular file type.

shntool has native support for .wav files. If you want it to work with
other formats, you must have the appropriate helper program installed.

----

Opinions on how we want to handle the modules?
RUN_DEPENDS for those we have in the tree (flac, shorten, ...) and
removing the others?
Leaving it as is?

I tend towards the latter, since the potential RUN_DEPENDS seem
disproportionally heavyweight.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                     naddy@unix-ag.uni-kl.de

shntool.shar