multi-character character constants

I'm talking about something like var='ADDF' in C++ code.

How are they handled by OpenBSD? Is code like the above o.k. for a port? Will
endianness problems arise? Would it be okay to set
ONLY_FOR_ARCHS="i386 alpha"? (because i386 and alpha are little-endian)

I'm porting an application that uses multi-character character constants them
extensively (scummvm)..

For those who want to look I attached a preliminary version. (by the way it's
already usable/testable) and for those who don't know what it is: It's an
enginge you can play LucasArts games with.

--
Free your mind and your ass will follow -- http://www.funkaffair.de

scummvm.shar